As you begin to imagine your future at CWRU, consider some of the following questions:
- Which subjects in high school were you able to learn and understand more quickly?
- What classes in high school did you naturally do well in?
- Were there any topics you liked learning about even if the content was challenging?
- Which courses in high school were you the least interested in?
- Which hobbies in high school did you enjoy the most?
- In your free time, what kind of activities do you do most often?
- When thinking through a problem, what kind of approach do you use?
- What is your reason for pursuing higher education?
Possible Major-Specific Items
If you are leaning towards majors within the arts and sciences, consider taking an introductory course to get a flavor of that discipline and help hone your interests moving forward. It is okay to explore multiple areas in your first semester!
If a career in the business world seems interesting to you, you'll want to consider either ACCT 100, ECON 102, ECON 103 or MGMT 201.
If you think you may be interested in a career in engineering, you’ll want to be sure to take a Math course (MATH 120, 121, 122, 223, 224) depending on your math diagnostic score (if applicable) and/or incoming course credit.
If you are interested in exploring the nursing program, please contact your navigator to get connected with the nursing program. Students can only begin the nursing program in the fall.