The inauguration of President Eric W. Kaler will take place at 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 15, in Amasa Stone Chapel. Leading up to the ceremony, the campus community is invited to celebrate next week with a series of special activities, including sweets, local discounts and a social media competition:
- Monday—Free cookies at the Kelvin Smith Library (KSL) Oval, from noon to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday—Pick up apples at the KSL Oval, from noon to 1 p.m.
- Wednesday—Enjoy a 21% discount on CWRU gear at the campus Barnes & Noble bookstore by showing your ID card
- Thursday—Grab an eclair at the KSL Oval, from noon to 1 p.m.
- Friday—Show your ID card to get a 10% discount at the BRB, Pinza, Cool Beanz or Mitchell’s Ice Cream in Uptown
More ways to celebrate President Kaler’s inauguration
Social Media Video Contest
Submit a video of no more than 30 seconds by 11:59 p.m. Monday, Oct. 11, sharing one or more of the following: favorite place on campus; favorite part of campus life; favorite memory from Case Western Reserve so far. Selected clips will be included in an inauguration video to be featured on Friday; first-place winners will be invited to lunch at Michelson & Morley with President Kaler and his wife, Karen, while second-place winners will win discounts on meals from other campus establishments.
Chalk the Walk
Students are encouraged to participate in drawing on chalkboards and the Binary Walkway itself next Friday. Oct. 15. The inaugural procession will walk from Adelbert, to the walkway, and then west along Euclid Avenue before heading into Amasa Stone Chapel. You can share your messages in writing—and/or cheer on the procession in person starting at 3:45 p.m.
Inauguration Watch Party
Students are invited to gather on the Case Quad just south of the chapel to see the ceremony live on a large digital screen (rain location, Strosacker Auditorium); refreshments will be provided.