The Schubert Center for Child Studies is currently accepting proposals for the Welter-Muzic Undergraduate Research Fellowship grants to support child and adolescent-focused research and conferences. The funds are available to undergraduate students pursuing any major or minor and are intended to encourage experiential learning in Childhood Studies.
Students may apply for grants between $200-$1000. Applications are considered and accepted on a rolling basis. A brief online application must be completed including a 1 to 2 page proposal, detailed budget and letter of recommendation from a faculty member or research advisor.
Students have previously used the fellowship funding to attend the American Sociological Association Annual Meeting, the Anthropology Child and Youth Interest Group Conference and the Mission Be Mindful Educator Training Conference and more. Covered expenses for conference and research may include:
- Conference fees and travel expenses (for presenting and attending)
- Program fees for experiential learning opportunities
- Research travel and lodging expenses
- Program supplies for research projects
- Stipends to be paid to research participants/interviewees
- Printing costs for study-related materials
- Purchase of data sets
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.