With thousands of employers using it to post internship and job opportunities, Handshake is a great tool to use to find your next opportunity. Haven’t used Handshake for your job search yet? Here’s a quick guide to get you started:
- Go to cwru.joinhandshake.com and use your CWRU username and password to log in.
- Click Jobs in the top menu bar. You will be taken to the Job Search page.
- From here, you can view available jobs and narrow your search. To search for jobs using keywords, job titles, or employers, use the search box at the top of the page. You can also search by city, state or zip code (the location filter defaults to a 50-mile radius, but this can be adjusted).
- Filter your search by job duration (full time, part time) and type (on-campus, internship). Click Filters to open up additional advanced filters to narrow your search.
- Once you find a job you are interested in, click on the job title for more information and to apply. Some jobs will allow you to apply through Handshake (hit the green Apply button) and others will prompt you to visit the company’s site with an Apply Externally button.
- Make sure to note the application end dates and to supply all of the requested information once you are ready to apply.
- Create a saved search and set job alerts to continue your search and get notified when positions you may be interested in are added to Handshake.
- Create a filter for “Favorited Jobs”. To favorite a job, click the star on a job posting. To see all of your favorited jobs, click “My Favorite Jobs.”
For more information on searching for jobs with Handshake, check out this quick video. Looking for additional guidance? Click here to schedule an appointment with a member of the Post-Graduate Planning & Experiential Education team.