Eligible students must have completed their sophomore or junior year of high school. We require a minimum high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
Students must complete the program application and provide all required materials by the appropriate deadline.
A non-refundable deposit of $400 is due within two weeks of admission. The balance of tuition is due approximately one month prior to the start of the program.
- Application for admission
- Application fee ($50)
- Personal statement/essay
- List of extracurriculars/resume
- High school transcript
- Letter of recommendation from one of your teachers
- Teacher should email the recommendation to email@example.com
Additional requirements for international students:
- A complete official secondary school transcript with certified English translations
- An academic recommendation from a secondary school teacher or counselor stating your English language proficiency level
- TOFEL, IELTS or Duolingo results
- Photo of your current passport that shows your name and picture
Students who are dual citizens (and will enter the US on their US passport) or are US permanent residents (Green Card holders) do not need to apply for a visa. All international students admitted to the Pre-College Program and traveling to the United States must ensure they have a valid passport (valid for at least six months from date of entry) for travel to and from the program and for the duration of the program.
A note about English proficiency
All applicants who speak English as a second language, including US citizens, must submit results from any one of these three options:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- We would like to see a score of 90 or higher. I
- ELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- We would like to see a score of 6.5 or higher.
- Duolingo* (an online English test)
- We would like to see a score of 63 or higher.
- Other recognized English language qualification test scores, such as the Cambridge exams, may be submitted as well.
Case Western Reserve University seeks to draw students from diverse backgrounds. The information requested in the application will be used to evaluate the effectiveness of our recruitment efforts and to facilitate selection of a diverse student body. We would like to know how your background, work and life experiences, interests, culture, socioeconomic status, race and/or ethnicity will contribute to the diversity of the incoming class. This information is confidential and completely voluntary. Answering a question or omission of an answer will not influence the University's decision on admission.