The Social Justice program will use an interdisciplinary approach to examine the root causes of social injustice. Focusing on principles of action, community, equity and inclusion, students will explore local, national and global issues and develop creative responses through discussion, journal writing, and short filmmaking.
- Study with university faculty with expertise in issues like environmental justice, indigenous rights, immigration and refugees, health disparities, race and poverty
- Experience Cleveland with visits to local activists and artists who are building community connections and improving their neighborhoods
- Build research skills at the college level and receive training in video production and editing
- Examine unique perspectives on current issues through readings and documentary films
- Explore philosophies about privilege, power and personal responsibility