On behalf of the Swetland Center for Environmental Health, we invite you to join the foodNEST team of community and academic partners to learn about our collective research and celebrate successes related to transforming our local food system to advance racial equity. foodNEST & friends will be held virtually on December 1st, 2021 from 9-11 am and participants can expect the following:
- Choose from an engaging menu to dive deeper into the complex forces structuring local food systems.
- Roll up your sleeves to translate these insights into community action.
- Honor our collective commitment to building trusting partnerships to advance nutrition equity.
Menu of Workshops to Seed Food Systems Solutions
- Build Social Connectivity and Policy Engagement
- Promote Fair Access to Affordable Fresh and Healthy Food
- Expand Nourishing Options in Neighborhoods
- Grow Economic and Community Development
- Support Neighborhood Thriving
- Develop Transformational Visions for Change
foodNEST & friends will be hosted via Zoom. Registration is required to attend. This event is free and open to all.