Members of the Case Western Reserve University community, particularly those faculty in STEM-related fields, are invited to join a monthly Journal Club focused on STEM faculty recruitment and retention. Pathway 4 of the university's strategic plan, Think Big, seeks to increase recruitment and retention of historically disenfranchised populations in STEM disciplines. These monthly meetings will focus on readings about best practices and research on faculty recruitment and mentoring, as well as other related topics that will engage attendees in discussion about the reading. While geared toward faculty in STEM specific fields, the events are open to everyone at Case Western Reserve.
Journal Club Dates/Times
A complete list of dates for the 2020-21 academic year is below. All meetings will be held via Zoom. Registration is required. Please visit the links below for additional information and to register. **Note: Additional topics and readings will be added as they become available.
- Meeting #1: Wednesday, October 21 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Meeting #2: Wednesday, November 18 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Meeting #3: Wednesday, December 16 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Meeting #4: Thursday, January 21 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Meeting #5: Thursday, February 18 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Meeting #6: Thursday, March 18 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Meeting #7: Thursday, April 22 from noon to 1 p.m.
Selected Reading & Instructions
Please review ‘‘Don’t Leave Us Behind’’: The Importance of Mentoring for Underrepresented Minority Faculty and come prepared to discuss the reading.
Robert L. Solomon, Esq., vice president of the Office for Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity