To Our Faculty, Staff and Students:
We received our first Thinker application within minutes of the original Dec. 21 announcement email, and submissions have continued to arrive at a steady pace ever since. The responses have been incisive and inspiring, and I am all the more eager to begin these conversations.
At the same time, a few of you have reached out to note that some of our best thinkers may be hesitant to suggest themselves for the group. Given that we want to draw the broadest and most diverse range of candidates as possible, I have followed their advice and added a Thinker Nomination form to the website.
Those nominated will be notified and encouraged to submit an application. In light of this addition to the process, we are extending the application deadline for Thinkers to 5 p.m., Wednesday, Jan. 16. (The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14.)
The deadline for Seed Sprint applications continues to be Friday, Jan. 18, and the first meet-ups for those projects are today at noon and 5 p.m. in the Interactive Commons. Lisa Camp, my Chief of Staff, will be at the beginning of each meet-up to answer any questions you might have, although the goal for these gatherings is for you to engage with one another on ideas.
The schedule for the remaining days is as follows:
- Jan. 10: Noon, Kelvin Smith Library–Freedman Center; 5 p.m., Interactive Commons
- Jan. 11: Noon and 5 p.m., Interactive Commons
- Jan. 14: Noon, Interactive Commons; 5 p.m., Sears think[box] 2nd floor
- Jan. 15: Noon, Kelvin Smith Library–Freedman Center; 5 p.m., Sears think[box] 2nd floor
- Jan. 16: Noon, Sears think[box] 2nd floor; 5 p.m., Kelvin Smith Library–Freedman Center
Ben Vinson III
Provost and Executive Vice President