If you attended GTA training in Fall 2018 or Spring 2019, your training will be out of date on August 1, 2021 (at the end of the Summer 2021 term).
If you attended GTA training in Fall 2019 or Spring 2020, your training will be out of date on August 3, 2022 (at the end of the Summer 2022 term).
If you attended GTA training prior to Fall 2018, your training is out of date. You should complete the Canvas Webinar: Professional Development for GTAs to access updated training, but you do not need to attend the Zoom training.
Please direct questions about this training to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: if you are a dual-degree student who is enrolled in an undergraduate program of any kind, you are considered an Undergraduate TA and should follow the guidelines for UTA Training.
For Recently Trained GTAs:
If you are a TA who attended training in the terms listed below, there is information in Canvas to inform you of the new CWRU policies related to COVID-19. You should have a grade assigned for UNIV400 for one of the following terms.
- Fall 2018
- Spring 2019
- Fall 2019
- Spring 2020
Please complete the Returning TAs: COVID-19 Training Module in Canvas before August 24, 2020.
For GTAs With Out of Date Training:
Please complete the Canvas Webinar: Professional Development for GTAs. This training will take approximately 5 hours to complete, and you MUST complete all modules in order. The webinar will not allow you take the quiz if you skip anything. The new information about CWRU's policies regarding COVID-19 is included in this webinar. You should not enroll in the module listed above for returning TAs.
For New GTAs: GTA Training for Fall 2020 will be held remotely, via Zoom.
If you are not currently registered to make any of the previous GTA training sessions, makeup sessions are listed below. Please complete the registration instructions given below, and you will see the information regarding make-up sessions. Make-ups are scheduled as follows:
Wednesday, September 16 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Please email email@example.com if you are not able to make this date.
To register for GTA Training:
- First, let us know you are attending: complete the GTA Registration Google form. Your options for the GTA Training Zoom session times will be given on the form.
- Complete the Canvas Webinar: Professional Development for GTAs. This training will take approximately 5 hours to complete. You MUST complete all modules in order. The webinar will not allow you take the quiz if you skip anything.
- Attend GTA Training Zoom session on one of the dates listed above.
- Enroll in either UNIV400, or UNIV402 before the end of drop-add.
- UNIV402 is for International students on an F-1 Visa who score beneath the threshold on a Spoken English Test. See the special guidelines listed below to find out how to register for this test.
- UNIV400 is for all other students.
Special guidelines for International Students on F-1 Visas who will be new TAs:
- GTAs who are International Students on an F-1 Visa should register for the Spoken English Test (SET) . please email Dr. Elise Geither at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule this test.
- The test takes about 20 minutes.
- If a student below 81 on the SET, they must register for UNIV402 for GTA Training.
- If a student scores 81 or above, they must register for UNIV400 instead.