Please note: all steps are mandatory in order to serve as a GTA.
Please direct questions about this training to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Here is a printable quick guide to training: Quick Reference for Spring 2020.
Here is a brief video explaining the TA training process:
GTA Training is Friday, January 10, 2020 from 4:10 p.m. - 5:40 p.m. in Crawford Hall, Rooms A09/A11
Registration for makeups ends on February 3, 2020.
Special guidelines for International Students:
- GTAs who are international students should register for the SET assessment (spoken English) at Graduate Student Orientation on Friday, January 10, 2020.
- The tests will be given January 14, 2020- January 27, 2020, and the test takes about 20 minutes.
- International GTAs should complete the assessment during the first week of class.
- If International GTAs score below 81 on the SET, they will be required to take a UNIV402 class.
- If an International GTA was unable to register to take the SET test during the Orientation, please email email@example.com to schedule a make-up.
To complete before the end of Drop/Add
- GTAs must register for UNIV400 on SIS.
To complete before attending training
- Let us know you are attending: complete the GTA Registration Google form.
- TAs should complete the Canvas Webinar: Professional Development for GTAs . This training will take approximately 5 hours to complete.
- After completing the webinar, GTAs must attend the main training on Friday, January 10 from 4:10 p.m. to 5:40 p.m., or one of the following make-up sessions.
Monday, February 10, 2020 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 from 10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Thursday, February 12, 2020 from 12:45 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
If you are attending a makeup, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which one you will attend. Registration for makeups ends on February 3, 2020.
If there are any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Students will be unable to work as a GTA until they have completed both the webinar and the training session.