Please note: all steps are mandatory in order to serve as a GTA.
Please direct questions about this training to email@example.com .
Special guidelines for International Students:
- GTAs who are international students should register for the SET assessment (spoken English) at Graduate Student Orientation on August 21, 2019.
- International GTAs should complete the assessment during the first week of class.
- If International GTAs score below 81 on the SET, they will be required to take a UNIV402 class.
- If an International GTA was unable to take the SET test on August 21, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a make-up.
To complete before the end of Drop/Add
- GTAs must register for UNIV400 on SIS.
To complete before attending the make-up sessions
- TAs should complete the Canvas Webinar: Professional Development for GTAs . This training will take approximately 5 hours to complete.
- After completing the webinar, GTAs must attend one of the following make-up sessions. Registration is via campus groups.
Wednesday, September 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Thursday, September 19 from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Monday, September 23 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If there are any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Students will be unable to work as a GTA until they have completed both the webinar and the training session.