UTA training will be held on September 8th from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Tinkham Veale University Center, Ballroom A.
To register for UTA training:
- First, access CWRU's Single Sign On
- Next, access the google form
- Next, enroll in UNIV 300
- Finally, enroll in the Canvas site
If you are unable to make UTA training on September 8, there are 3 make-up sessions. Please complete the registration instructions given above. Then, email email@example.com to indicate that you are unable to be there on 9/8, and which of the following make-up sessions you can attend.
- Monday, September 9: 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 11 : 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, September 12: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Please direct any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRAINING SCHEDULE AND OBJECTIVES
The UTA training seminar will concentrate on two main areas:
- Inclusion Training. This will involve preparing students to create a welcoming environment for students with disabilities and international students. We will also cover potential scenarios or difficult moments that UTAs may face regarding these issues in the classroom.
- Assessment and Academic Integrity. We will familiarize UTAs with best practices in assessment of student work, as well as academic integrity practices and policy. This will include presenting potential academic integrity scenarios and discussing how to handle them. We will also provide some instruction regarding assignment planning and classroom management to UTAs who have those duties.
To best address these areas according to different UTA responsibilities, we will divide the UTAs into four training groups:
- Recitation Leaders
- Lab Instructors/Assistants
- Graders with office hours
- Graders without office hours