You can check your participation: look for UNIV300 on your transcript.
If you attended UTA training in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018, your training will be out of date on August 1, 2021 (at the end of the Summer 2021 term).
If you attended UTA training in Fall 2018 or Spring 2019, your training will be out of date on August 3, 2022 (at the end of the Summer 2022 term).
If you attended UTA training in Fall 2019 or Spring 2020, your training will be out of date on August 2, 2023 (at the end of the Summer 2023 term).
If you attended UTA training prior to Fall 2017, your training is out of date. You should complete the Canvas Webinar: Professional Development for UTAs to access updated training, but do not need to attend the Zoom training.
Details for UTA Training
Please direct questions about this training to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: if you are a dual-degree student who is enrolled in an undergraduate program of any kind, you are considered an Undergraduate TA and should follow the guidelines for UTA Training.
For Recently Trained UTAs:
If you are a TA who attended training in the terms listed below, there is information in Canvas to inform you of the new CWRU policies related to COVID-19. You should have a grade assigned for UNIV300 for one of the following terms.
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2018
- Fall 2018
- Spring 2019
- Fall 2019
- Spring 2020
Please complete the Returning TAs: COVID-19 Training Module in Canvas before August 24, 2020.
For UTAs With Out of Date Training:
Please complete the Canvas Webinar: Professional Development for UTAs. This training will take approximately 5 hours to complete, and you MUST complete all modules in order. The webinar will not allow you take the quiz if you skip anything. The new information about CWRU's policies regarding COVID-19 is included in this webinar. You should not enroll in the module listed above for returning TAs.
For New UTAs: UTA Training for Fall 2020 will be held remotely, via Zoom.
The main training event was held on Sunday, September 13, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
If you were unable to make UTA training on September 13, there will be make-up sessions. A make-up session will be offered between 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.on Monday, September 21. If you are unable to attend this session, please email email@example.com.
Please direct any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for UTA training:
- First, let us know you are attending: complete the UTA Registration Google form.
- Next, enroll in UNIV 300. Late registrants should contact email@example.com for permission to enroll after the end of drop-add.
- Complete the Canvas Webinar: Professional Development for UTAs. You MUST complete all modules in order. The webinar will not allow you take the quiz if you skip anything.
TRAINING SCHEDULE AND OBJECTIVES
The UTA training seminar will concentrate on two main areas:
- Inclusion Training. This will involve preparing students to create a welcoming environment for students with disabilities and international students. We will also cover potential scenarios or difficult moments that UTAs may face regarding these issues in the classroom.
- Assessment and Academic Integrity. We will familiarize UTAs with best practices in assessment of student work, as well as academic integrity practices and policy. This will include presenting potential academic integrity scenarios and discussing how to handle them. We will also provide some instruction regarding assignment planning and classroom management to UTAs who have those duties.
- COVID-19 - We will talk about the impact of the pandemic on CWRU generally, and on the work of UTAs more specifically.
To best address these areas according to different UTA responsibilities, we will divide the UTAs into four training groups:
- Recitation Leaders
- Lab Instructors/Assistants
- Graders with office hours
- Graders without office hours