Please note: all steps are mandatory in order to serve as an UTA.
Please direct questions about this training to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Here is a printable quick guide to training: Quick Reference for Spring 2020.
Here is a brief video that describes the process:
UTA training will be held on January 26, 2020 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. in Nord Hall, Room 356.
Registration for makeups ends on February 3, 2020.
To register for UTA training:
If you are unable to make UTA training on January 26, 2020, there are 3 make-up sessions. Please complete the registration instructions given above. Then, email email@example.com to indicate that you are unable to be there on January 26, 2020 and which of the following make-up sessions you can attend.
- Monday, February 10, 2020: 2:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 : 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, February 13, 2020: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- If you are attending a makeup, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which one you will attend. Registration for makeups ends on February 3, 2020.
Please direct any additional questions to email@example.com.
TRAINING SCHEDULE AND OBJECTIVES
The UTA training seminar will concentrate on two main areas:
- Inclusion Training. This will involve preparing students to create a welcoming environment for students with disabilities and international students. We will also cover potential scenarios or difficult moments that UTAs may face regarding these issues in the classroom.
- Assessment and Academic Integrity. We will familiarize UTAs with best practices in assessment of student work, as well as academic integrity practices and policy. This will include presenting potential academic integrity scenarios and discussing how to handle them. We will also provide some instruction regarding assignment planning and classroom management to UTAs who have those duties.
To best address these areas according to different UTA responsibilities, we will divide the UTAs into four training groups:
- Recitation Leaders
- Lab Instructors/Assistants
- Graders with office hours
- Graders without office hours