|societyofwomenengineers.swe.org||Undergraduate/Graduate Students||Feb. 15, 2018||See below|
The Society of Women Engineers' Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to women admitted to accredited baccalaureate or graduate programs in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science. Scholarships are typically awarded in May for use during the following academic year. Recipients are announced in September.
- The applicant is enrolled in or accepted for a baccalaureate or graduate ABET-accredited engineering, computing, or technology degree program.
- The applicant is in a position to accept the scholarship in the school year for which it is being awarded.
- The minimum GPA is 3.0/4.0.
- The applicant is not the current recipient of a renewable SWE Scholarship (i.e. is not already designated to receive a SWE scholarship payment in the coming academic year).
- The applicant must be a full-time student, except for reentry and non-traditional applicants.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. for some scholarships.
- The applicant is not receiving full funding for education (tuition, fees, and books or equivalent) from their school or another organization (e.g. members of the Armed Services attending U.S. military academies, students receiving full reimbursement from an employer).
- Fill out and submit the online application. (Applicants complete one application and are considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible.)
- Upload a current official transcript from your college, and from other schools where you have taken courses if applicable. This transcript will be an electronic copy for the application submittal. At a minimum, transcripts should include your name, school, dates, classes, grades, and unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale. All scholarship recipients will be required to mail in a certified transcript with a school stamp and signature.
- Upload a copy of a letter of acceptance from an ABET-accredited college or university indicating acceptance into an ABET-accredited engineering or computer science program for the coming academic year ONLY if you will be a transfer student, or a first year graduate student in the fall of 2016.
- Upload a resume.
- Submit email contact information for two letters of recommendation. One letter of reference must be from a teacher or college professor in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) field familiar with the student's work in their respective field and/or STEM. The other must be from a person who has known the applicant for two or more years and who is not a relative or member of the applicant’s family. References have a separate deadline date for submitting their recommendations and both must submit by the deadline.
- If you want to be considered for financial need, answer “yes” to the FAFSA question and you will be prompted to submit a financial aid contact at the college you will be attending in the fall. (A generic email address for your intended school’s financial aid office is sufficient.)
Value of the Award
Scholarships range from $1,000 to $20,000 each.
230 E. Ohio St., Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60611-3265
877.SWE.INFO or 312.596.5223
Past Undergraduate Winners