|scholarships.swe.org/applications/login.asp||Undergraduate/Graduate Students||Varies||See below|
The Society of Women Engineers' Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to women admitted to accredited baccalaureate or graduate programs in preparation for careers in engineering, engineering technology and computer science. Scholarships are typically awarded in May for use during the following academic year. Recipients are announced in September.
- The applicant is enrolled in or accepted for a baccalaureate or graduate ABET-accredited engineering, computing, or technology degree program.
- The applicant is in a position to accept the scholarship in the school year for which it is being awarded.
- The minimum GPA is 3.0/4.0.
- The applicant is not the current recipient of a renewable SWE Scholarship (i.e. is not already designated to receive a SWE scholarship payment in the coming academic year).
- The applicant must be a full-time student, except for reentry and non-traditional applicants.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. for some scholarships.
- The applicant is not receiving full funding for education (tuition, fees, and books or equivalent) from their school or another organization (e.g. members of the Armed Services attending U.S. military academies, students receiving full reimbursement from an employer).
To learn more about the application process, please visit the above website.
Value of the Award
Scholarships range from $1,000 to $20,000 each.
230 E. Ohio St., Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60611-3265
877.SWE.INFO or 312.596.5223
Past Undergraduate Winners