How to apply for graduation:
- Go to "Apply for Graduation" in the "Other Academic" drop-down box in SIS.
- You may refer to a Quick Reference Guide for assistance.
Deadlines to apply for graduation:
June 1 for August degree
Oct. 1 for January degree
Feb. 1 for May degree
Latin Commencement Honors
Latin commencement honors are awarded to the top 35 percent of the graduating class. These cutoffs are applied to degrees awarded in 2021 (January, May, and August).
- Top 10 percent: summa cum laude = 3.934–4.000
- Next 10 percent: magna cum laude = 3.833–3.933
- Next 15 percent: cum laude = 3.686–3.832
To be eligible for Latin commencement honors, candidates must have:
- Earned a minimum of 54 credit hours for evaluative grades (A, B, C, D) in residence at the university.
- Attained the required percentile ranking on the basis of all work for which grades are averaged at the university, including any grades earned before an academic separation.