The instructor’s computers in the campus Technology Enhanced Classrooms (TECs) and Active Learning spaces were updated this summer to enhance security, and to provide additional functionality for faculty, staff, and students.
Beginning fall 2021, faculty, staff and students will be required to log in with their CWRU network ID and passphrase to use the instructor’s computers in the TECs.
University Technology ([U]Tech) is making these modifications to reduce the risk profile of the university and improve the security of university-owned devices. Recent vulnerabilities, such as PrintNightmare, and requirements to patch and update vulnerable devices as soon as possible to avoid ransomware and computer viruses have led to this security enhancement.
Faculty, staff and students also will receive these personalized experiences, features and benefits upon login:
- Microsoft Office 365:
- Take advantage of the latest productivity suite from Microsoft with apps, like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 1 TB of free OneDrive cloud storage
- Streamed Applications via Citrix MyApps
- MyApps has grown in popularity in recent years, and is now available in all Technology Enhanced Classrooms. Look for the “Streamed Apps” folder in the start menu to see a full list of applications now available to you.
- Automatic mapping of your H Drive, now available.
- WEPA Printing
- Enhanced Security and Manageability
- Centralized management, including monthly Windows updates and application patching.