On May 30, Canvas will release a new, redesigned Rich Content Editor (RCE), which enhances the content creation experience in Canvas. RCE is the tool that lets users bold text, make lists, insert links, add superscript and much more when writing text. The new RCE updates feature:
- The ability to expand to the full width of the browser;
- A condensed, more intuitive toolbar;
- Toolbar menus grouped by common icons and interactions;
- The content sidebar only displays when linking to other parts of Canvas, accessing Canvas files or accessing uploaded media;
- Drag-and-drop uploading and content auto-scaling for media and image additions; and
- A new location for the keyboard shortcut, accessibility checker and HTML editor icons, which have moved to the bottom of the editor next to the word count.
These changes are in addition to supporting all of the existing features that users are already familiar with in Canvas. For more information about what to expect, or to turn the tool on now, see the new Rich Content Editor overview. Send questions or concerns to email@example.com.