In anticipation of the fall semester, [U]Tech will be delicensing the Class of 2021 graduates in the CWRU Zoom environment to accommodate for the next class of incoming students. Delicensing of new alumni will take place on Thursday, June 3 at 9:00 a.m. We recommend that you download any recordings or content you wish to retain from your Zoom account prior to June 3.
Included below are a few answers to frequently asked questions graduates may have regarding this change:
- What if I am continuing on at CWRU in some capacity?
- As long as you have the correct affiliation in the university’s identity management system you will not be downgraded. If you are continuing to attend CWRU in the fall as a graduate student, your license will be reinstated prior to the start of the fall semester.
- Who should I contact if I experience some kind of issue with Zoom?
- If you will still be affiliated with the university after June 3, please contact the [U]Tech help desk by calling 216.368.HELP or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are no longer affiliated with the university after June 3, you will need to contact Zoom support directly.
- How can I upgrade my Zoom account to a paid account after my license is downgraded?
- You cannot upgrade an account where the username ends in @case.edu because those accounts are tied to the university system.
- Instead, you should create a new personal account that does not end in @case.edu. You may use @cwru.edu if you wish to continue to use your CWRU email address in association with your new personal Zoom account.
- I was downgraded on June 3 but I believe I should still have a fully licensed account. What should I do?
- Please contact the [U]Tech help desk by calling 216.368.HELP or emailing email@example.com.