This business process explains how to create an Event ChartField.
The Event ChartField can be created to represent a particular program, event, or conference to track expenditures and/or revenues. This is an optional ChartField.
- From the Main Menu, click the Set Up Financials/Supply Chain link.
- Click the Common Definitions link.
- Click the Design ChartFields link.
- Click the Define Values link.
- Click on ChartField Values link.
- Click the Event Link.
- The ChartField screen appears. Click the Add a New Value tab
- Enter the name of the event in the Event field. It can be up to 10 alphanumeric characters. For example, enter the name “train5”
- Click the Add button.
- Verify or update the Effective Date. A best practice is to update the date with the beginning of the current month.
- The event screen appears. Enter the name of the Event in the Description field, up to 30 characters (Ex: “Tracking of Conf attendees”). Please note: Be as specific as possible when naming an event. This will be helpful to you later when finding your event.
- Enter the Short Description, which is up to 10 alphanumeric characters (Ex: Conf 1).
- Click the Save button.
- If the effective date for the event is the current date or earlier, it will be active immediately in PeopleSoft.
End of Procedure.