This demonstrates how to use the Financials Accounts Payable Module in PeopleSoft 9.2.
The following steps below outline how to request Petty Cash Replenishment in the Accounts Payable module.
- From the Main Menu, click the Accounts Payable link.
- Click Payments Request link.
- Click Payment Request link.
- From the Payment Request screen, click the Add button.
- On the Payment Request page, click Information and Procedures link. A new window appears with important information about the process. Please read before proceeding.
- Once you read the information and return to the screen, click Request Type drop down menu to select the payable expense type.
- Click Petty Cash.
- Click the Click Here to Open the Petty Cash Expenditure Form link.
- The Report of Petty Cash Expenditures form appears. Fill out the form and print it to submit with your payment request.
- Enter the employee ID in the EmplID field.
- Enter the petty cash custodian’s Employee ID in the Vendor Lookup field.
- The Return Check To field displays Hold for Pickup at AP.
- Enter the total dollar amount of the replenishment into the Total Amount field.
- Enter a thorough description of the reimbursement request in the Description of Request field. This is the only description that will appear on departmental reports.
- The Accounting Distribution group box allows the total dollar amount to be split between speedtypes if necessary.
- Enter the appropriate dollar amount in the Amount field.
- Enter the appropriate speedtype into the SpeedType field.
- Enter the appropriate account number in the Account field. Begin by entering the first two digits of the account (e.g., Enter “101020”).
- The account description defaults to Petty Cash – Open in the Description field.
- If an Event Chartfield applies to the reimbursement, enter it in the Event field or click the magnifying glass to locate it in the search results.
- Enter the name of the approver on the Approver’s Name field.
- Enter the appropriate number in the Approver’s Department field, or click the magnifying glass icon to locate it in the search results.
- Enter the approver’s fax number in the Fax field, if applicable.
- Enter the approver’s email address in the Email Address field.
- Click the Save button.
- A warning message appears containing important directions about submitting the payment request.
Click the OK button to proceed.
- Click the Print button.
- Click the Print button from the Windows Print Dialogue box.
End of Procedure