Human Capital Management (HCM) - also referred to as PeopleSoft HCM or PeopleSoft HR - is the administrative database used for employee records, employee benefits and payroll. The system also includes the time reporting system used by all employees as well as an online recruiting system used for all staff positions.
All employees are required to enter or verify the hours worked and vacation/sick time used on a semi-monthly or monthly basis in HCM. Full-time employees have their time sheets pre-populated with the hours they are anticipated to work each day and must update the time sheet as applicable with any changes (e.g. vacation, sick, overtime). University holidays are entered as part of the automated time sheet process. Part-time employees must enter their working hours manually.
HCM users are supported by an experienced ERP Team comprised of subject matter experts within the Human Resource Department, Controllers Office and the Division of UTech. By contacting the CWRU Service Desk, your inquiry, issue or suggestion will be routed to the appropriate team.
- The servers for HCM are hosted at a data center in Piscataway, New Jersey.
- Standard Maintenance of patching the Operating System and Security Patching are done on a quarterly basis.
- Access to HCM Production can be done from within and outside the CWRU network.
- Authentication for the general university communication is done through LDAP.
- Break-Fix and Enhancements are managed by the ERP Team through a system called PHIRE.
Service Availability within our hosted data center is 99.90%
All Case Western Reserve University employees.
Get The Service
HCM is available to all active employees using the Employee Self Service modules, Supervisors responsible for approving time entries have access to the Manager Self Service module.
To access HCM, enter your CWRU Network ID and password at the sign-in screen.
P: (216) 368-3094
Student Employment Questions
P: (216) 368-4533