iTunes U provides a platform for making content available via Apple products. Anyone with an Apple device can learn from the world's largest collection of free education content, which includes public courses and collections from leading universities, museums and cultural institutions.
- Instructors can create courses which contain multimedia, discussions and resources for students to view.
- iTunes U users can search for classes offered on a variety of topics by a variety of institutions worldwide.
iTunes U provides a public location for creating and sharing educational content.
It is a free service that anyone can utilize to create courses.
Where can I find the iTunes U app?
You can download the iTunes U app for free from the App Store on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
What are the requirements to use the iTunes U app?
- You can use the iTunes U app on iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with iOS 5 and iTunes 10.5.2 or later.
- You must have an iTunes Store account to download content from the iTunes U catalog.
How do I access the iTunes U catalog?
Use the iTunes U app to access the iTunes U catalog. Tap the iTunes U icon and your bookshelf appears. In the upper corner, tap the Catalog button and the bookshelf flips around to reveal the iTunes U catalog. From the catalog, browse through more than 800,000 free courses, lectures, videos, films and other resources.
iTunes U can be used by faculty to create courses, students to view content and staff to host collections of public-facing content.
Get The Service
Use your Apple device (Mac laptop, iPhone, iPad, etc) to open the CWRU page. If you do not have an Apple device, you can access iTunes U via iTunes installed on your PC or laptop.
- To install iTunes on a non-Apple computer or laptop, Click Here.