Keep America Active
What if you could go coast to coast without boarding a plane, hopping on a bus, or gassing up the car? Well, now you can (sort of) in Keep America Active. On this virtual road trip, you’ll:
- Travel from state to state, stopping at the country’s most amazing tourist hot spots as you record health behaviors
- Discover why each place tops everyone’s must-see list — with postcard-perfect images and bet-you-didn't-know descriptions
- Build well-being habits that last long after your country-wide tour is over.
- Exercise any time, any type, any where works best for you! Just log your activity on-line or with your wearable.
Registered participants should log in frequently to update their activity profile.
How does it work?
Starting January 22, 2018, each day you'll visit a new attraction, earning points and stars as you record exercise minutes or steps, plus two other healthy behaviors. And you’ll take a fun quiz, learn why each attraction should be on your bucket list, and collect badges as well as souvenirs.
Who can participate?
All benefits-eligible faculty and staff who’d like to have a blast traveling from the East Coast to Alaska and over the Pacific to Hawaii — while learning about each spot and practicing healthy habits.
Is there a team competition?
Absolutely… what would a road trip be without 3 or 5 pals along for the ride? This optional friendly competition challenges teams to add up points (the group that averages the most tops the leaderboard). And weekly challenges can add bonus points to the team score.
Why should you participate in Keep America Active?
In addition to being a fun way to improve your health and fitness, KAA:
- fulfills the criteria for the 2018 physical activity program incentive
- offers five free visits to 121 Fitness Center for all registrants
- an on-campus catered lunch for the top three teams
- 20 randomly selected participants who successfully travel 300 virtual miles over the 12 weeks will receive a high quality stadium/picnic blanket
- Five randomly selected finishers will receive a five-visit gift certificate for small group training at 121 Fitness