Skip to Main Content
CWRU Links
Financial Aid

Applying for Aid

Applying for Aid

Applying for Aid as an Undergraduate Student

Undergraduate students seeking need-based financial assistance must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered:

  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate
  • Be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours for fall or spring; 3 credit hours for summer)
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress toward a degree or certificate as defined by the college in which the student is enrolled

Additionally, U.S. citizens and permanent residents must:

  • Have a valid social security number
  • Sign a statement of educational purpose and a certification statement on overpayment and default (both found on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
  • Register with the Selective Service, if required

Choose your student status for details on how you should apply for financial aid from Case Western Reserve University