CWRU Links

Dependents of Faculty/Staff from Case Western Reserve (Exports)

Tuition Exchange Scholarships cover full tuition, one-half tuition for a non-resident at a public institution or a rate set by the Tuition Exchange. They do not cover special fees, course overloads, or room and board charges. For 2014–2015, private institutions that charge more than $32,500 for tuition are permitted to award less than their full tuition, but not less than the set rate of $32,500.

Who is eligible?

Tuition Exchange is limited to first-time first-year students who meet the dependent child criteria defined in the Faculty/Staff Tuition Benefit requirements. The faculty or staff member must be currently employed by the university and have completed two years of continuous service by the first day of Case Western Reserve University's fall term for the year in which the student intends to enroll (e.g. must have 2 years of service by Aug. 25, 2014 to be eligible for academic year 2014–15). Eligibility is verified each year.

Are all eligible students guaranteed a scholarship?

Tuition Exchange Scholarships are not guaranteed, nor is admission guaranteed at member institutions. Dependent students of CWRU faculty and staff will be evaluated for admission and awarded Tuition Exchange Scholarships based on the criteria of the university to which they are applying.

How many semesters does the scholarship cover?

Tuition Exchange Scholarships certified by Case Western Reserve University typically cover four years or eight semesters of undergraduate education, but you should check with the host college or university. Dependent children are eligible to receive up to eight combined semesters of Tuition Exchange Scholarship and Faculty/Staff Tuition Benefit, so utilization of a Tuition Exchange Scholarship reduces a dependent child's benefit available under the Faculty/Staff Tuition Benefit program.

Application Procedure

1. Establish eligibility by completing the Eligibility Certification form [PDF] and returning the form along with any additional required documents to Human Resources in Crawford Hall, Room 224.

2. Complete the Tuition Exchange application [PDF] and return it along with your returned Eligibility Certification to the Office of University Financial Aid in Yost Hall, Room 435

[NOTE: Both the Certification of Eligibility and Tuition Exchange application must be received by April 1 of the previous academic year (e.g. must be received by April 1, 2014 for students beginning August 2014)]

3. The Office of University Financial aid will submit your documents to the colleges/universities you have listed on the Tuition Exchange application [PDF].

4. Apply for admission to the host colleges/universities you have listed on the Tuition Exchange application. Pay careful attention to deadlines at the host institutions, as these often differ from regular admission deadlines.

The host school or schools will evaluate your student application. The number of scholarships offered, selection process and notification date are determined by the host school.

Students should be notified of their admission status by May 1. If you have not heard from a specific school or want additional information, contact the school directly about the Tuition Exchange Scholarships at that institution.

5. If your student is awarded a Tuition Exchange Scholarship, notify the CWRU Office of University Financial Aid of your acceptance or refusal of the award as soon as you have made your decision.

If you are awarded a Tuition Exchange Scholarship as a first-year undergraduate, you do not have to re-apply for future years. Recertification for renewal in subsequent academic years is completed by the Office of University Financial Aid.

Continued employment at Case Western Reserve University is required for renewal of the scholarship.