Informal Grievance Policy
Case Western Reserve University has established the following procedure whereby students of the university may file a grievance. The following process applies:
- The student(s) initiating the grievance process prepares a written statement that includes the following:
- The nature of the problem(s)
- The name(s) of the individual(s) involved
- The result of any previous effort made to resolve the problem
- This statement is sent to the Office of Student Affairs, which then contacts the person(s) named in the statement and attempts to resolve the matter informally.
- Should an informal discussion fail to resolve the problem, the Office of Student Affairs requests a written statement from the individual(s) accused and, if appropriate, arranges a hearing.