Case Western Reserve University is seeking applicants for the position of Instructor of Physical Education and Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach.
We are seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual to join our team as an Instructor of Physical Education and Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach. As an Instructor of Physical Education, you will contribute to the growth and achievement of many CWRU students through PE curriculum and instruction. As an Assistant Coach, you will play a pivotal role in assisting the Head Coach in all aspects of team management, player development, game preparation, and program success.
This is a full-time, 10-month faculty position with a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
Job Responsibilities will be assigned by the Head Men’s Soccer Coach as well as the Director of Athletics.
- Teach several Physical Education classes per semester.
- Collaborate with Head Coach in practice planning, game planning, and overall team goals.
- Assist in organization of team practices – including drills, player development sessions, and other athletically related activities.
- Support the recruiting process on a national level, with a focus on high achieving and diverse populations.
- Upload game film to Hudl in a timely manner, consistent with UAA policies.
- Scout and prepare scouting film for future contests.
- Assist with team travel, working closely with CWRU Athletics Business Office, as well as hotels, restaurants, bus companies, and airlines.
- Act as a role model for student-athletes, promoting academic success, sportsmanship, and personal growth.
- Understand and adhere to NCAA compliance standards.
- Participate and contribute to departmental meetings and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coach and/or Director of Athletics.
- Previous coaching, teaching, and recruiting experience at the high school, college, or professional level.
- Ability to work days, nights, and weekends/holidays – with extensive travel, both in and out of season.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with Hudl video system or similar system preferred.
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to recruiting and eligibility.
- Commitment to working with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students.
- CPR/AED certified, or commitment to be CPR/AED trained.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, two letters of reference, and a copy of their official academic transcript for their most recent degree through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/138227. The cover letter should discuss the applicant's experience working with scholar athletes, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and their definition for success in coaching, teaching, and recruiting. Reference letters must describe the applicant's ability to teach physical education classes, as well as their coaching ability.
Case Western Reserve University strives to maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. All applicants are protected under Federal law from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age and genetics.
Case Western Reserve provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Equity by phone at 216.368.3066 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.