The Population Health and Equity Research Institute (PHERI) and the Center for Health Care Research and Policy (CHRP) at The MetroHealth System in collaboration with Biomedical Engineering and the Center for Community Health Integration at Case Western Reserve University seeks a postdoctoral scholar to join a multidisciplinary team with an ongoing National Institutes of Health funded project. The project seeks to advance health equity using innovative quantitative methods in system dynamics computational modeling and structural equation modeling applied to accelerating the translation and implementation of innovations in community prevention and clinical care.
Postdoctoral scholar will focus on developing and applying methods for modeling and statistically testing nonlinear feedback causal models using system dynamics and structural equation modeling.
- Research experience
- Structural equation modeling and latent variable modeling
- Experience with Mplus, lavaan in R, AMOS or other latent variable modeling software program
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Programming: R or Python or equivalent
- Population health or health systems, health equity and social determinants of health
- Doctoral degree: A doctoral in social sciences (e.g. sociology, psychology or economics), epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, data science, applied mathematics, or related field
Other skills & competencies:
- Data management and cleaning and conducting descriptive analyses
- Excellent writing skills for article and grant writing
- Excellent presentation skills
- System dynamics modeling and simulation (e.g., Stella, Vensim)
- One year with expectation of renewal for 2 years