#5 in the nation
U.S. News & World Report
5 reasons we’re #5 for nursing
(and what that means for your future)
1. You’ll gain 1,300+ clinical hours, more than double the national average.
- That will make you a more confident and skilled nurse upon graduation.
2. You’ll learn in one of the nation’s most sophisticated medical communities.
- There are three major hospitals within walking distance of your residence hall: Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals and the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center. You’ll practice your skills using state-of-the-art equipment and work alongside some of the country’s most notable healthcare leaders. In addition, MetroHealth Medical Center, one of the most comprehensive healthcare providers in the area, is just a few miles away (and easily accessible by public transportation.)
3. You start doing real nursing right away
- Clinicals start week three of your first semester, so you won’t have to wait to start putting your skills to work to help others.
4. You’ll learn to work as a vital member of a healthcare team
- Your nursing classes will take place in our state-of-the-art Health Education Campus with Cleveland Clinic, where you will learn alongside medical students and other future healthcare leaders. You’ll practice communication and teamwork, which will be vital to caring for patients in your career.
5. You’ll be in demand upon graduation
- CWRU nurses are sought out by hospital systems around the nation, and known as some of the best of the best. Within six months of graduation, 93% of CWRU nurses are working full-time or are otherwise pursuing their professional goals.