Case Western Reserve University ranks #16 among private research institutions for federal R&D expenditures. (Translation: We do a ton of research, and that means a lot of research opportunities.
When we say we’re serious about our undergrads taking on real research, we mean it, and have the results to prove it: 86% of CWRU undergrads participate in research and creative endeavors.
Undergraduate research was recently on display during our semi-annual Intersections research symposium, where hundreds of CWRU undergraduate student researchers presented their work, like:
- Trends in the use of novel technologies in PTSD research
- Seasonal variation in leaf health and plant allocation traits in rhododendron
- Generating human neuromuscular junctions to model motor neuron diseases
- CAR-T therapy for treatment of triple negative breast cancer
- Bone marrow edema lesions in patients 10 years post-ACL reconstruction
- Environmental factors, sleep and depression on the risk of Alzheimer's Disease
- Characterization of anodic and cathodic polarity in deep brain stimulation therapies for Parkinson’s Disease
- Interspecific variation in butterfly warming tolerances and consequences for population size under recent climate change
Ready to make a significant impact in your field?
At CWRU, you will.