What to Expect
The Master of Engineering in Applied Data Science program—administered through the university's Department of Materials Science and Engineering —expands on the curriculum found within our Master of Engineering program and augments it with robust, graduate-level applied data science coursework.
Throughout the 30-credit-hour program, you'll discover how engineering is practiced within contemporary industries as you complete 18 credit hours of online core courses, including:
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Introduction to Business for Engineers
- Product and Process Design and Implementation
- Applied Engineering Statistics
- Engineering Economics and Financial Analysis
- Master of Engineering Capstone Project
Your remaining 12 credit hours will focus on applied data science courses on topics such as data visualization and analytics, applied data science research and more, which you can complete online or in person.