Mission, Vision + Core Values
Case Western Reserve University improves and enriches people's lives through research that capitalizes on the power of collaboration, and education that dramatically engages our students.
We realize this goal through:
- Scholarship and creative endeavor that draws on all forms of inquiry.
- Learning that is active, creative and continuous.
- Promotion of an inclusive culture of global
We aim to be recognized internationally as an institution that imagines and influences the future. Toward that end we will:
- Support advancement of thriving disciplines as well
as new areas of interdisciplinary excellence.
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and experiences necessary to become leaders in a world characterized by rapid change and increasing
- Nurture a community of exceptional scholars who
are cooperative and collegial, functioning in an atmosphere distinguished by support, mentoring and inclusion.
- Pursue distinctive opportunities to build on our special features, including our relationships with world-class health care, cultural, educational, and scientific institutions in University Circle and across greater Cleveland.
Academic Excellence and Impact
- Eminence in teaching and research
- Scholarship that changes lives and deepens understanding
- Creativity and innovation as hallmarks of our efforts
Inclusiveness and Diversity
- Civility and the free exchange of ideas
- Civic and international engagement
- Appreciation for the distinct perspectives and talents of each individual
Integrity and Transparency
- Academic freedom and responsibility
- Ethical behavior
- Shared governance
- Strong, ongoing financial planning
- Emphasis on sustainability
- Systems that support attainment of our mission