Health Center Library
The Health Center Library (HCL) occupies the first two floors of the Robbins Building of the School of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University. Originally opened in 1971, HCL underwent a major renovation project from 2002-2003. With a completely updated look and feel, HCL serves the faculty, staff and students of the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine and Nursing as well as the departments of Biology and Nutrition. There are study rooms, some with white boards, spacious carrels near windows and electricity as well as casual seating areas. Read more.
Allen Memorial Medical Library
The Cleveland Medical Library Association carefully planned and built the Allen Memorial Medical Library building to house their library collections and their growing historical collections--now part of the Dittrick Medical History Center and Museum. They chose the architectural firm of Frank R. Walker and Harry E. Weeks, a firm noted in the Midwest for their classical revival style. Walker and Weeks left the largest legacy of important structures in Cleveland of any architectural firm in the city's history, including the Federal Reserve Bank, The Cleveland Public Library, and Severance Hall. The construction firm of Reaugh was retained, and the cornerstone was laid on July 23, 1925. Read more.
Dittrick Medical History Center
The Dittrick Medical History Center is dedicated to the study of the medical past through a distinguished collection of rare books, museum artifacts, archives, and images. The Center originated as part of the Cleveland Medical Library Association (est. 1894) and today functions as an interdisciplinary study center within the College of Arts and Sciences of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. Read More.