Faculty Senate Finance Committee
The Faculty Senate Finance Committee (FSFC) participates with the university administration to assure that budgetary goals and priorities are responsive to the academic plans.
The FSFC presents the views and priorities of the faculty; raises questions on various budget matters; and reports back to the full senate on performance against budget. Specifically from the Constitution, Article VI., Sec. C., Par. 2-4, the Finance Committee shall:
- Participate with the university administration to assure that the budgetary goals and priorities are responsive to the academic plans;
- Review and report to the Faculty Senate on the adherence to budgetary priorities and the attainment of budgetary goals;
- Advise the Faculty Senate on the financial feasibility of the university’s current and planned education programs, activities and facilities, and their effect on the operating budget, capital requirements and financial health of the university;
- Advise the Faculty Senate on budgetary questions as they affect current and planned educational programs, activities and facilities; and
- The members of the Finance Committee shall serve also as the elected faculty representatives of the University Budget Committee which reports to the president in the preparation of the budget of the university.
More information regarding the Faculty Senate Finance Committee can be found at:
University Budget Committee
The University Budget Committee (UBC) serves in an advisory capacity during the budget process and interacts with the Office of Budget and Financial Planning (OBFP), the University Planning Committee (UPC), and the Faculty Senate Finance Committee (FSFC). The UBC advises the provost and chief financial officer on annual and long-term budgetary issues throughout the budget cycle and on the priorities of the academic strategic plan, and also serves as an advocate for the process and outcomes to the rest of the university community.
More information regarding the University Budget Committee can be found at: