Graduation Instructions for Master's (Thesis) Candidates
What You Will Need
The Master's (Thesis) Graduation Packet Includes:
- Final Certification of the Master's Degree — Complete two originals of the certification form with all relevant signatures. Submit both forms to the School of Graduate Studies with other final materials.
- ETD (Electronic Thesis or Dissertation) Submission Checklist — Use to be certain of gathering important information regarding format requirements and submission of the thesis.
- ETD Document Approval Form — Have this signed by you and your dissertation advisor and submitted to the School of Graduate Studies. Offers important information about the electronic publishing process.
- Student Status Form – Submit by students moving on to complete the doctoral degree.
- Request for Waiver of Registration — If you cannot meet the deadlines to complete all the requirements to graduate in one term but can finish before the next term begins, you can apply for a waiver of registration for the next term. You must be registered for at least one credit hour in the semester preceding the one for which you intend to use the waiver.
Steps to Completion
- Complete and submit the Application for Graduation through the Student Information System (SIS) by the established deadline for the term.
- Work with your advisor and committee members to decide on a date, time and place for your final oral exam (defense). Make certain that the defense date occurs before the established deadline for the term. Note that the advisor has to agree that the thesis is ready to defend.
- Submit copies of your thesis to the members of your defense committee at least ten days before your defense date.
- Have your committee, advisor, and department chair sign the two Final Certification forms at the conclusion of your successful defense or after corrections to your thesis are made, as appropriate.
- Submit a completed copy of your thesis .pdf file to the School of Graduate Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a format check.
Upload the final, approved copy of the completed thesis as a .pdf file to OhioLINK.
Submit the following to the School of Graduate Studies by the established deadlines:
- Two Final Certification forms with appropriate signatures. The signature of the dean of Graduate Studies will be provided after submission.
- ETD Document Approval Form
- Student Status Form, if applicable
ETD —completed and approved by your committee and Graduate Studies — uploaded to OhioLINK.