Skip to Main Content
CWRU Links

School of
Graduate Studies

School of Graduate Studies

Master’s (Non-Thesis) Graduation

Master’s (Non-Thesis) Graduation

Graduation Instructions for Master's (Non-Thesis) Candidates

What You Will Need

The Master's (Non-Thesis) Graduation Packet Includes:

  • Final Certification of the Master's Degree – Complete two originals of this certification form requiring all the relevant signatures necessary for graduation. Your forms are then submitted to the School of Graduate Studies with your other final materials.
  • Student Status Form —This form is only required by students moving on to complete the doctoral degree.

Request for Waiver of Registration — If you cannot meet the deadlines to complete all the requirements to graduate in one term but can finish before the next term begins, you can apply for a waiver of registration for the next term. You must be registered for at least one credit hour in the semester preceding the one for which you intend to use the waiver, including summer.

Steps to Completion

  1. Complete and submit the Application for Graduation through the Student Information System (SIS) by the established deadline for the term.
  2. Schedule your comprehensive examination or completion of your final project with your advisor and committee members. Make certain that date occurs before the established deadline for the term.
  3. Have your advisor sign the two Final Certification forms, after the successful completion of your requirement.
  4. Obtain your department chair's signature after your advisor has signed the certification forms.

Final Materials

Submit the following to the School of Graduate Studies by the published deadline:

  • Two Final Certification forms with all appropriate signatures. The signature of the dean of Graduate Studies will be provided after submission.
  • Student Status Form, if applicable.

Registration Requirement

All Master's (Non-Thesis) students must be registered for at least one credit hour for the term in which they defend and/or graduate.

Get Ready to Graduate

The Master’s (Non-Thesis) Graduation Packet contains all the paperwork you need to graduate.