Introduction to Clinical Research Summer Series
The 17th annual CRSP 401 "Introduction to Clinical Research" summer course will open for online registration in the Student Information System (SIS) on April 3, 2017. For processing purposes, all applications must be submitted prior to May 15th. This course can be taken as part of the Master's degree, for non-degree credit or Non-CRF for no credit. Please review the guidelines for the Non-CRF and non-degree options below and complete the appropriate application form.
1. The Non-Degree, Clinical Research Fellows (Non-CRF) Option (no credit) is available to individuals who hold M.D., D.P.M., D.O., N.D., D.D.S. or Ph.D. and are associated with a CWRU affiliated institution (e.g. University Hospitals, MetroHealth, Cleveland Clinic, Louis B. Stokes VA, etc.). See Non-CRF Guidelines (PDF) for additional details. Generally, fellows and residents of Case Western Reserve-affiliated hospitals, who do not have an education allowance, will want to take the course as a Non-CRF (no credit). Non-CRFs pay ten percent of regular tuition, plus the cost of books and materials. Non-CRF scholars must complete the online Application for Admission. NOTE, when completing the online application, select Grad Studies Non-Degree (personal data section) and Clinical Research Fellow (applicant type). For complete step-by-step application instructions, please view Non-CRF Application Instructions (PDF). Once completed, please be sure to print out both pages of the form and scan and e-mail email@example.com attention Angela Bowling or fax it to 216.368.0207.
To reiterate, Clinical Research Fellows:
- Apply on-line
- In the personal data section of the application, select Non-Degree for the application type
- In the enrollment section of the application, select Clinical Research Fellow (CRF) for the Non-Degree applicant type
Once your application is processed, you will receive instructions for course registration via email from the School of Graduate Studies.
Please read this before you complete the Application for Non-Degree Admission!
- Most all individuals who are at an affiliated institution have a CWRU ID#. Prior to creating a new account, if you are unsure whether you have an ID # or what your ID # is, please check here.
- Please provide a valid e-mail address that you check regularly. After your application is processed by the Graduate School, instructions on how to register online will be e-mailed to the address you have provided
- International students must provide a foreign permanent address, the application will not be processed without this information
- In the Institutional Affiliation field, please indicate whether you are at UH, RBC, CCF, MHMC, VA, etc.
- Upon receipt of your application, course details, parking and tuition billing information will be e-mailed to you
- Important Note: You will be officially registered for the course only after you complete the online registration through the CWRU Student Information System (SIS)!
Course Schedule: Summer (2015 schedule), Monday through Friday (8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon). Please see our Summer Schedule (PDF).
View an Overview of CRSP 401 Topics (PDF).
Cost for postgraduate auditors (10% of 1 credit hour): $177.40
Cost of taking this course for credit (3 credits): $5,322
Angela Bowling, MA
Center for Clinical Investigation
Case Western Reserve University
Iris S. & Bert L. Wolstein Building
2103 Cornell Road, Room 6133
Cleveland, OH 44106-7291