As a member of PREP, you will get to research with our highly skilled faculty on their NIH supported programs. Choose from wide array of areas.
Learn about your mentors >
Program and Training
Our program offers one year employment in research. You will receive math and science training, GRE workshops and seminars, and graduate application assistance.
Get the details >
PREP aims to aid underrepresented minority students interested in biomedical research careers. A PREP Scholar's goal is to obtain a biomedical PhD and become a research leader.
View our Scholars >
The CWRU PREP is designed to support recent underrepresented minority college graduates who plan to pursue research doctoral degrees and careers in biomedical research. The program offers a paid research experience with seasoned investigators in active and dynamic laboratories.
Outcomes of PREP at CWRU
- 53 total Scholars admitted to CWRU PREP over past 9 cohorts
- 19 males & 34 females
- 22 Puerto Rican students
- 18 African American/Black students
- 12 Hispanic students
- 1 Native American student
- 52 outcomes (1 PREP is currently in Y2)
- 51 of 52 Scholars completed CWRU PREP - 98%
- 42 of 52 Scholars entered PhD or MD/PhD programs - 81%
- 40 of 42 Scholars that entered PhD or MD/PhD programs finished degree or are still in those programs
- 5% attrition versus app 30% national average
- 4 PREP Scholars earned PhD (Ramos, Muniz, Reyes, Criado)
- 16 of 42 Scholars that entered PhD programs matriculated to CWRU SOM - 38%
- 5 of 52 Scholars required 2 years - 10 %
* 3 of 5 entered PhD programs (2 entered MD programs)
- 3 Scholars entered MD/PhD programs (Pitt, Emory, UI-Chicago)
* 2 required 2 year PREP and 1 required 1 year PREP