As a member of PREP, you will get to research with our highly skilled faculty on their NIH supported programs. Choose from wide array of areas.
Learn about your mentors >
Program and Training
Our program offers one year employment in research. You will receive math and science training, GRE workshops and seminars, and graduate application assistance.
Get the details >
PREP aims to aid underrepresented minority students interested in medical school. A PREP scholar would also be seeking a PhD and a dynamic research experience.
View our Scholars >
The CWRU PREP is designed to support recent underrepresented minority college graduates who plan to pursue research doctoral degrees and careers in biomedical research. The program offers a paid research experience with seasoned investigators in active and dynamic laboratories.
Outcomes of PREP at CWRU
- 46 total Scholars admitted to CWRU PREP over past 8 cohorts
- 16 males & 30 females
- 19 Puerto Rican
- 16 African American/Black
- 10 Hispanic
- 1 Native American
- 45 outcomes (1 PREP is currently in year 2)
- 44 of 45 completed CWRU PREP - 98%
- 36 of 45 entered PhD or MD/PhD programs - 80%
- 35 of 36 who entered finished degrees or are still in PhD programs (2.8% attrition versus 30% national average)
- 2 have earned PhDs so far
- 14 of 36 matriculated to CWRU - 39%
- 40 of 45 Scholars completed program in 1 year - 89%
- 3 Scholars entered MD/PhD programs