As a member of PREP, you will get to research with our highly skilled faculty on their NIH supported programs. Choose from wide array of areas.
Learn about your mentors >
Program and Training
Our program offers one year employment in research. You will receive math and science training, GRE workshops and seminars, and graduate application assistance.
Get the details >
PREP aims to aid underrepresented minority students interested in biomedical research careers. A PREP Scholar's goal is to obtain a biomedical PhD and become a research leader.
View our Scholars >
The CWRU PREP is designed to support recent underrepresented minority college graduates who plan to pursue research doctoral degrees and careers in biomedical research. The program offers a paid research experience with seasoned investigators in active and dynamic laboratories.
Outcomes of PREP at CWRU
- 60 total Scholars admitted to CWRU PREP over past 10 cohorts
- 21 males & 39 females
- 26 Puerto Rican students
- 19 African American/Black students
- 14 Hispanic students
- 1 Native American student
- 60 outcomes
- 59 of 60 Scholars completed CWRU PREP - 98%
- 49 of 59 Scholars entered Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. programs - 83%
- 47 of 49 Scholars that entered Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. programs finished degree or are still in those programs
- 4% attrition versus app 30% national average
- 9 PREP Scholars earned Ph.D. (Ramos, Muniz, Reyes, Criado, DeLeon, Babilonia, Ward, Perez, Allen)
- 16 of 49 Scholars that entered Ph.D. programs matriculated to CWRU SOM - 33%
- 6 of 59 Scholars required 2 years - 10 %
* 2 entered Ph.D. programs, 2 entered MD/Ph.D. programs and 2 entered MD programs
- 4 Scholars entered MD/Ph.D. programs (Pitt, Emory, UI-Chicago, Michigan)
* 2 required 2 year PREP and 2 required 1 year PREP