What is CWRU's preferred method for accepting my offer of admission and tuition deposit?

The fastest (and easiest) way to accept your offer of admission and make your non-refundable $500 tuition deposit is online.

Can I request a waiver of the enrollment deposit?

If the enrollment deposit represents a hardship for your family, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission to determine if you qualify for a fee waiver. Please keep in mind that because the enrollment deposit is a deposit on costs you will incur as a student, this offer represents a deferral of payment. However, it is our hope that allowing you to break up this payment will take some of the burden off of you as you make your college decision.

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

Students who wish to apply for financial aid are required to complete and submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE®. Dependent students must complete the form with their parents, while independent students complete the form using their own household information. Additionally, U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents who wish to apply for financial aid should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid available at www.fafsa.ed.gov. CWRU's school code is 003137.

How do I view my Financial Aid award?

Students who have received notification that they are eligible for need-based financial aid can review their award information online on the My Financial Aid portal.

Is orientation required?

New Student Orientation is a mandatory event for all new students. The mission of orientation is to support a successful transition of new students into the CWRU community of scholars by:

  • Engaging new students with faculty, staff and students
  • Connecting new students with University Circle and the Greater Cleveland area
  • Providing new students with the knowledge of policies, resources, histories and traditions
  • Equipping families with the resources to aid new students in their transition
  • Cultivating an inclusive environment

Because our mission is to support a successful transition to the CWRU community, it is necessary for new students to attend and participate fully. Those who do not attend will miss out on important and necessary information and activities including, but not limited to, finalizing your fall schedule of classes with your faculty advisor, adapting to your residence hall community, meeting fellow classmates and upperclassmen, learning about the support and resources available to you as a CWRU student, and establishing mentoring relationships with your resident advisor and orientation leader.

I'm a student from outside the US, how do I get my Visa/I-20?

The Case Western Reserve University Office of International Students Services has information on obtaining Visas for studying in the U.S.

When will I register for classes?

As a new first-year student, you will begin registering for fall semester courses this summer and will do so online using the Student Information System (SIS). The Office of Undergraduate Studies will provide you with a variety of resources to assist you with the planning and registration process. The FYI Guide, which will be your primary written resource for course planning, registration, and general academic information, will be made available to you via the New Student Checklist. UGS will also host a series of webinars. Undergraduate Studies staff will also be available to answer your questions via phone and e-mail.

When will I sign up for housing and dining plans?

Students who have submitted an enrollment deposit will be able to make housing and meal plan selections after May 1.

What is an academic advisor?

Academic advisors are faculty members who work with students to explore their academic interests, address concerns, and provide expert information and advice about academic policies and procedures. During your first year at CWRU, the faculty member instructing your SAGES First Seminar will serve as your academic advisor. You will meet your First Seminar instructor during New Student Orientation. Once you declare a major (first-year students can declare a major as early as the middle of their first semester), you will work with a faculty advisor within that department.

Where can I find a bank around campus?

There are several banks around campus that offer special student checking. PNC Bank is a preferred provider for CWRU and the only bank permitted to link the CaseOneCard to deposit accounts. Learn more about PNC Bank's relationship with CWRU.

How do I decline my offer of admission?

We're sorry to hear you won't be joining us. In order to decline your offer of admission, please complete the card enclosed with your admission packet and mail it back, or take just a minute to let us know online.

Get Social

Upcoming Events

Important Dates