Weatherhead prepares students for careers across the spectrum of management disciplines. Tackling key concepts early means you’re prepped with the skills and confidence to land your first internship quickly, which opens up more opportunities to gain more experience before graduation.
private undergraduate business program in the country
U.S. News & World Report
of business students complete at least one internship or career-related experience by graduation.
of students complete 2+ career-building experiences
of business graduates are employed full time, in graduate school or otherwise pursuing their career goals within 6 months of graduation
University ranking in the world for contributions to innovation
- Business Information Technology
- Business Management
- Healthcare Management
- International Business
- Supply Chain Management
Integrated study: earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in as few as 4 years
- Business Analytics and Intelligence
- Healthcare Management
- Supply Chain Management
In the classroom
- Jump right into business courses in accounting, economics, globalization, entrepreneurship and more.
Senior year Action Learning capstone project
Dig into organizational challenges and serve on a team of consultants for clients such as FedEx and Cleveland Clinic.
Veale Institute for Entrepreneurship
- The core of our campus-wide ecosystem for entrepreneurship links ideas to education, training and resources
- Assists students in refining ideas and connecting with assets needed to launch and maintain a business
IP Venture Clinic
- Provides entrepreneurs with free legal counsel on business and intellectual property issues as they develop plans to commercialize their technology
- A 50,000-square-foot, seven-story, open-access innovation center where ideas become prototypes and businesses ideas become real
Our Frank Gehry-designed Peter B. Lewis building houses some of the nation’s most exciting thinkers, researchers and developers of 21st century business methodologies. Faculty members include:
- David Cooperrider, PhD, and Ronald Fry, PhD
An approach to organizational strategic change and sustainable growth practiced around the world
- Diana Bilimoria, PhD
Gender and Diversity in Governance and Leadership/Organizational Transformation
Expert on dynamics facilitating women and minority groups to excel in organizations
- Chis Laszlo, PhD
Argues that companies that do good in the world also do better financially
A few to clubs and organizations check out:
- CWRU Undergraduate Marketing Club
- Forté Rising Stars (connects women to career-launching resources)
- TEDx at CWRU
- The Weatherhead Fund (manages a portion of the university’s endowment)
- Weatherhead Economics Society
- Weatherhead Worldwide (multicultural club)
- Women in Economics
- ...and dozens more!
Connect to the country's 15th largest consumer market—and beyond—through co-ops and internships. Cleveland is the right size and perfectly located to launch professional opportunities around the country during, and after, your college career.
More than 700 biotechnology and biomedical companies are located in the Cleveland area, along with more than two dozen corporate headquarters, including Goodyear, Eaton Corp., Progressive, Parker Hannifin, Sherwin-Williams, TravelCenters of America and KeyCorp.
Some companies who recently provided internships and hired graduates
- BYU Mellon
- Eaton Corp.
- Federal Reserve
- General Electric
- Goldman Sachs
- JPMorgan Chase
- Morgan Stanley
- Piper Jaffray
- Procter & Gamble
- Wells Fargo
Some recent grad school acceptances
- Case Western Reserve University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- George Washington University
- Harvard Business School
- Indiana University
- Johns Hopkins University
- New York University
- Northwestern University
- University College London
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Michigan
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
Each Case Western Reserve University student brings their own background and interests to our campus, creating a culture that’s dynamic, diverse and inclusive.
Events business students love
Coffee Connections: Year-round
- Meet for a cup of coffee with alumni who have similar interests as you and build relationships with business professionals who can guide you throughout your journey at CWRU and beyond.
Meet the Accountants Breakfast: September
- Network over breakfast with representatives from major accounting firms, corporations, nonprofit organizations and government entities. Required prep sessions and resume reviews make sure you’re ready to impress!
Wall Street Trek: May
- Trek to New York City to network with CWRU alumni at big-name firms such as JPMorgan Chase, Deloitte, PwC and Morgan Stanley. Weatherhead undergraduates from all years may apply.
Learn more from our student's stories
Each step of your Case Western Reserve University experience will be a step toward your future. Hear how CWRU alumna Sasha Sindhwani's experience with participation and leadership in The Weatherhead Fund enhanced her experience at CWRU from networking, mentorship, internship opportunities and full-time employment.