Weatherhead prepares students for careers across the spectrum of management disciplines. Tackling key concepts early means you’re prepped with the skills and confidence to land your first internship quickly, which opens up more opportunities to gain more experience before graduation.
private undergraduate business program in the country
U.S. News & World Report, 2019
of business students complete at least one internship or career-related experience by graduation
of students complete 2+ internships
of business graduates are employed full time, in graduate school or pursuing other interests within 6 months of graduation
University ranking in the world for contributions to innovation
Nature Index, 2017
- Business Information Technology [new in 2021]
- Business Management
- Healthcare Management
- International Business
- Supply Chain Management
Integrated study: earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in as few as 4 years
- Business Analytics
- Healthcare Management
- Research/Supply Chain Management
Connect to the 15th largest consumer market in the country—and beyond—through co-ops and internships. Cleveland is the right size and perfectly located to launch professional opportunities around the country during— and after—your college career.
- More than 700 biotechnology and biomedical companies are located in the Cleveland area, along with more than two dozen corporate headquarters, including Goodyear, Eaton Corp., Progressive, Parker Hannifin, Sherwin-Williams, TravelCenters of America and KeyCorp.
Each Case Western Reserve University student brings their own background and interests to our campus, creating a culture that’s dynamic, diverse and inclusive.
Some companies that recently provided internships and hired graduates
- BYU Mellon
- Federal Reserve
- General Electric
- Goldman Sachs
- JPMorgan Chase
- Morgan Stanley
- Piper Jaffray
- Procter & Gamble
- Wells Fargo
Some recent grad school choices
- Case Western Reserve University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- George Washington University
- Harvard Business School
- Indiana University
- Johns Hopkins University
- New York University
- Northwestern University
- University College London
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Michigan
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
In the classroom
- Jump right into business courses in accounting, economics, globalization, entrepreneurship and more.
Senior-year Action Learning capstone project
Dig into organizational challenges and serve on a team of consultants for clients such as FedEx and Cleveland Clinic.
Veale Institute for Entrepreneurship
- The core of our campus-wide ecosystem for entrepreneurship links ideas to education, training and resources
- Assists students in refining ideas and connecting with assets needed to launch and maintain a business
IP Venture Clinic
- Provides entrepreneurs with free legal counsel on business and intellectual property issues as they develop plans to commercialize their technology
- A 50,000-square-foot, seven-story, open-access makerspace where ideas become prototypes and businesses ideas become real
Our Frank Gehry-designed Peter B. Lewis building houses some of the nation’s most exciting thinkers, researchers and developers of 21st century business methodologies. Faculty members include:
- David Cooperrider, PhD, and Ronald Fry, PhD
An approach to organizational strategic change and sustainable growth practiced around the world
- Diana Bilimoria, PhD
Gender and Diversity in Governance and Leadership/Organizational Transformation
Expert on dynamics facilitating women and minority groups to excel in organizations
- Chis Laszlo, PhD
Argues that companies that do good in the world also do better financially
Events business students love
Wall Street Trek
- Trek to New York City to network with CWRU alumni—who pick up the entire tab for students—at big-name firms like JPMorgan Chase, Deloitte, PwC and Morgan Stanley. Weatherhead undergraduates from all years may apply.
Meet the Accountants Breakfast
- Network over breakfast with representatives from major accounting firms, corporations, nonprofit organizations and government entities. Required prep sessions and resume reviews make sure you’re ready to impress!
- An all-expenses-paid trip to San Francisco for selected students who visit experts—including CWRU alumni—at high-profile technology and venture capital companies such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Mayfield Fund.
Clubs and organizations for business students
With clubs and organizations ranging from Acts of Random Kindness to IMPROVment to the Scuba Club, you’ll find all kinds of ways to pursue your academic goals and personal passions.
A few to check out:
- CWRU Undergraduate Marketing Club
- Forté Rising Stars (connects women to career-launching resources)
- TEDx at CWRU
- The Weatherhead Fund (manages a portion of the university’s endowment)
- Weatherhead Economics Society
- Women in Economics
- ...and dozens more!