Install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client on a Windows Machine
- From the VPN installation webpage, click the Windows button.
- The file download window appears. Click the Save button.
- Select an appropriate location for the installation file to be saved and click Save.
- Return to your Desktop and locate the VPN Client installation file. Double-click the file.
- Click the OK button. The installation file will begin to open.
- The Setup Wizard appears. Click the Next button.
- Accept the terms of the End-User License Agreement (EULA).
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Install button.
- When the setup is complete, click the Finish button.
- Click Start (Windows button).
- Navigate All Programs > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client and execute program.
- The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client appears. In the Connect to field, enter "vpn.case.edu".
- Click the Select and log with your Case Network ID and password.
About VPN at CWRU
Virtual Private Networking (VPN) software is used to remotely connect to the campus network, and yet appear to on-line resources as though you are directly connected. This software also helps secure your computer on the network so that traffic to and from your computer is encrypted.
The provider for VPN software at CWRU is Cisco AnyConnect. It is available at vpnsetup.case.edu.