PeopleSoft Financials is used for creating and inquiring on financial journals, payment requests and requisitions. To find helpful resources for using PeopleSoft Financials, select "PeopleSoft Financials Materials" from the sidebar.
Two online trainings are required to be completed by employees seeking access to the Accounts Payable, eProcurement or General Ledger modules of PeopleSoft Financials. To gain access to these modules, follow the procedure below.
Step 1: Complete Online Security Form
An individual from your department who already has access to the system must log in to PeopleSoft Financials and complete the Online Security Form on your behalf. A series of electronic approvals will begin. Details for completing this process are available by reviewing the Instructions for Completing the PeopleSoft Financials Online Security Form.
Step 2: Complete Online Training
Then, complete the online training that corresponds with the appropriate modules of PeopleSoft Financials.
- eProcurement: Purchasing at CWRU from A to Z
- Accounts Payable: Purchasing at CWRU from A to Z
- General Ledger: Financials Journals
Upon successful completion of both the online training and the security form, access to the requested module(s) of PeopleSoft Financials will be granted. Questions regarding this process may be directed to email@example.com.
Access to PeopleSoft Financials Reporting
To gain access to the reporting system of PeopleSoft Financials, an individual from your department, who already has access to the system, must log in to PeopleSoft Financials and complete the "Reporting Access" tab on the Online Security Form. Further details are available by reviewing the Online Security Form Instructions.
Access to SmartCART
SmartCART is accessible if you have access to eProcurement in PeopleSoft Financials. Review the manual for more information.
Window Shoppers are individuals who do not have access to PeopleSoft Financials but can still shop and create carts in SmartCART. A user with access to PeopleSoft Financials then approves the orders.
To become a SmartCART Window Shopper:
- Fill out the Window Shopper access form.
- Complete the SmartCART Window Shopper online training.
- Navigate to connect.case.edu.
- Log in with your CWRU Network ID and password.
- Under "My Training" click the enroll button adjacent to "SmartCART Window Shopper Training."
- Complete the training at your own pace.
- Pass the test with a score of 80% or higher.
- You will receive an email from Procurement and Distribution Services when your access has been processed.
Changing your access to PeopleSoft Financials
Individuals may update their access to PeopleSoft Financials at any time. To complete this process:
- Log in to PeopleSoft Financials
- Open the Online Security Form
- Select "New Security Requests"
- Enter your CWRU Network ID and click "Change User Profile"
For assistance with any technology product or service at Case Western Reserve, such as PeopleSoft Financials, contact the UTech Service Desk at 216.368.HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.