Introduction to Zoom
Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, online meetings, group messaging and a software-defined conference room solution into one, easy-to-use platform.
Go to https://cwru.zoom.us and click Sign in. From there, log in using CWRU Single Sign-On (SSO).
You'll be directed to your Zoom profile page. You may change many of the default settings from this page.
Use The Zoom Desktop Application
Install the Zoom Desktop application, using the download link located in the right sidebar of this page.
Once you have logged in, you will see the main dialog box as shown above. The default tab is Home.
The app allows you to:
- Click Start without video to start a meeting sharing your "desktop" or "application"
- Click Start with video to start a video meeting
- Click Schedule to set up a future meeting
- Click Join to join a meeting that is already in progress
- Click Share screen to select which application on your computer to share with the meeting participants
Note: Click the drop down arrow to view your profile, check for updates, switch accounts and logout.
You can find the Settings tab in the main dialog box or in the meeting menu bar. After clicking Settings, you will have the following options:
- General: Select default preferences
- Audio: Test, select and adjust your speakers and microphone
- Video: Test and select your video camera
- Recording: Browse/open your stored recordings (all recordings are stored on your local device/computer)
If you see the image below, select Sign In with SSO. When prompted for the domain, enter cwru.zoom.us. You are then directed to CWRU Single Sign-On. Enter your CWRU network ID and password to continue.