Case Western Reserve University has, for the eighth straight year, received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine, a diversity-focused publication in higher education.
To be considered for the award, institutions complete an extensive application. Highlights from ours include:
- Somos CWRU | A pilot program aimed at developing a recruitment and retention strategy for the Latinx population.
- Diversity Resource Forum | An event highlighting resources and services across campus involved in diversity, inclusion and equity work.
- Mentor Circles & Mentor Fellows | An initiative to increase knowledge and understanding of mentoring underrepresented students.
- Sustained Dialogue | An award-winning diversity initiative for students, staff and faculty that promotes cross-cultural interaction and provides an opportunity for participants to make recommendations to the administration on ways to improve the campus climate.
- Rooney Rule-like policies | Requiring a diverse applicant pool for faculty and top administrative positions.
- Trailblazer Project | A portraiture initiative that annually showcases the contributions of CWRU alumni of color and women and helps to diversify the images that appear in campus common areas.
- African and African American Studies Minor | Academic studies to explore the global black experience and its relationship to black life in the Americas.