FPB Leaders Scholarship Committee
- Charlene Douglas, PhD, MPH, RN, (WRC'75, NUR'75), Co-Chair
- May L. Wykle , PhD, RN, FAAN, FGSA, (NUR'62, '69; GRS'81), Co-Chair
- Linda Burnes Bolton, DrPH, RN, FAAN (NUR'11H)
- Faye A. Gary, EdD, MS, RN, FAAN
- Dedra D. Hanna-Adams, MA, MPA
- Catherine Roscoe-Herbert, DNP, RN, GNP-BC, CNS, FGNLA (NUR'94; GRS'06)
- Ronald L. Hickman, Jr., PhD, RN, ACNP-BC, FAAN (CWR'00; NUR'02, '06, '13; GRS'08)
- Gloria L. Hilton, DNP, RN, CCE (NUR'88, '06)
- Betty Carolyn Holte, DNP, RN (NUR'08)
- Elizabeth Madigan, PhD, RN, FAAN (GRS'96)
- Patricia E. McDonald, PhD, RN (GRS'95)
- Sonya D. Moore, DNP, CRNA (NUR'16)
- Diana L. Morris, PhD, RN, FAAN, FGSA (NUR'86; GRS'91)
- Camille Beckette Warner, PhD (GRS '97, '02)
- Eric J. Williams, DNP, RN, CNE (NUR'07)
Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing Leaders Scholarship Fund
A recent National Academy of Medicine report indicates an urgent need for the nursing profession to address workforce diversity deficits in an effort to eliminate health disparities among racial minorities and marginalized populations.
As healthcare moves towards an interdisciplinary team structure, nursing leaders increasingly need to advance research, practice, and advocacy. However, the current lack of diversity among these leaders results in patient and community misunderstandings and alienation. FBP strives to solve this deficiency and eliminate barriers for a new generation of nursing leaders who reflect the areas they serve.
The FPB Leaders Scholarship Fund provides:
- Tuition to support qualified students
- Mentorship to ensure academic and professional success
- Leadership development for scholarship recipients
Recipients of the FPB Leaders Scholarship will obtain the formal education and professional coaching necessary to prepare them to serve as nurse leaders in their field of specialization. Please join co-chairs of the committee, Charlene Douglas and May Wykle, in supporting this critical area.