Discover Week is a week-long, mandatory program for new and transfer students. Discover Week takes place the week before the fall semester and is designed to help you get acclimated to campus.
It is mandatory for you to attend and participate fully. Those who do not attend will miss out on important and necessary information and activities including, but not limited to:
- Finalizing your schedule of classes with your faculty advisor
- Adapting to your residence hall community
- Meeting fellow classmates and returning students
- Learning about the support and resources available to you as a CWRU student
- Establishing mentoring relationships with your resident advisor and orientation leader
- Aug. 19: Move-in for students from outside the continental U.S. and new nursing students
- Aug. 21: Move-in for new first-year and transfer students
- Aug. 21-28: Discover Week
- Aug. 29: First day of class
Discover Week Schedule
During this time, you will meet new friends and get to know current students serving as your orientation leaders. Each day will be filled with programs and meetings with your orientation small group. It is required for all new CWRU students to attend Discover Week.
Discover Week CampusGroups App
For the best experience with the Discover Week/Parent and Family Orientation schedule, download the CampusGroups app to your phone.
- Download CampusGroups (search "campusgroups" in your mobile app store or select one of the following: iPhone app link | Android app link).
- Select Case Western Reserve University from the list of schools.
- Choose Discover Week 2022 from the list of apps.
- Enter your email address according to the instructions below:
- Students: Enter your CWRU network ID email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Parents/family members: Enter your personal email address. If you have difficulties receiving the code at an att.net email address, use an alternate email if possible.
- Enter the 6-digit sign in code from your email.
Already have CampusGroups installed?
- Open the app and tap on the university logo in the header (alternatively, tap the menu icon and select Switch App).
- Choose Discover Week 2022 from the list of apps. Easy!
Downloadable PDF Schedules
If you'd prefer to download a PDF of the Discover Week schedule or do not have a smartphone device consult the schedules available below:
If you are looking for dining options while you are on campus, please check out this list of local eateries.