A recent study ranked CWRU the 3rd best law school in the country in Moot Court and Mock trial success. The top five were: #1 Fordham, #2 University of Miami, #3 CWRU, #4 Harvard, and #5 American.*
This year, CWRU reached the semifinals and finals at a number of prestigious national competitions, including:
- Jessup International Law Moot Court (3rd place in the United States, 14th place in the world, and Best Speaker in the World);
- Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot (Elimination Round and Best Speaker Award);
- BLSA Constance Baker Motley Mock Trial Competition (Best Speaker in Regionals and National Semifinalist);
- National Trial Competition in Fort Worth (Regional winner and National Semifinalist);
- American Association for Justice Mock Trial Competition (National Quarterfinalist);
- Costello National Criminal Law Trial Advocacy Competition (2nd Place); and
- Case Classic Mock Trial Competition (1st place).
*Update 6/22: The ranking was updated after the 2022 academic year, and CWRU now ranks 4th Best in Nation.