Wenxing Wei and Darrell Coleman, doctoral students at the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Social Sciences, were accepted into the Virtual 2023 Summer Mentoring Workshop for Doctoral Students at the Michigan Center for Urban African American Aging Research and the Program for Research on Black Americans. Held this week, the workshop is geared toward those who conduct African American and Latinx research.
This workshop emphasizes training in numerous areas including:
- Publishing in peer-review journals;
- Writing grant proposals to the NIH;
- The tenure process;
- Ethical conduct of research;
- Successful mentoring and collaborative relationships; and,
- How to navigate the academy.
The primary objectives are on research skill enhancement, career mentoring and professional development.
This story appeared in The Daily on June 2, 2023.