Passes are distributed at the beginning of both fall and spring semesters to all residents and commuter undergraduate students. Graduate and professional students must be registered (9 credit hours or more).
- Monday August 8, 2012 for the Fall 2012 semester
- Wednesday January 9, 2013 for the Spring 2013 semester
- Wednesday May 15, 2013 for the Summer 2013 semester
- You must be a student enrolled full time in the current semester.
- Present your valid Case ID card to an Access Services staff member at Crawford Hall, room 18.
Policies and Regulations
- A $25.00 U-Pass fee is automatically added to each undergraduate student’s account to support the U-Pass program. This fee is assessed each semester.
- Students must get a new U-Pass every semester.
- A replacement U-Pass can be obtained at the Access Services for a fee of $25.00 throughout the semester for undergraduate students. Graduate students replacement cost is $75.00.
- The U-Pass program generates no revenue for the University, as a result, University personnel do not have the authority to waive the fee or make special exceptions.
Benefits to Students
- The cost of a U-Pass has remained constant since its inception. The program has been renewed through 2018 and the negotiated cost will be held at $25.
- All full time undergraduate CWRU students share the benefits of the U-Pass program - a lessened demand for on-campus parking as students choose to take public transportation and a cost savings for those students who directly participate in the U-Pass ridership program.
- All undergraduate students registered for full time for or Graduate students taking at least 9 credit hours (nine credits) are eligible to utilize the U-Pass program. You can use RTA transit to travel on all routes anytime throughout Cuyahoga County, including downtown, the airport, a ball game, etc. Your utilization of the U-Pass program is not limited to only University related activities.
Commuter Advantage for Faculty & Staff
This program allows eligible Faculty and Staff to purchase RTA monthly bus passes via payroll deduction. The payroll deduction option means that the expense for the pass will be paid with pre-tax dollars and can provide employees with a tax benefit of up to $200 per year when it is deducted from your paycheck. These passes are available at Access Services.
Passes may be purchased by the last business day of the previous month, for example a pass for September must be purchased by the last business day in August.
Sign up for Commuter Advantage stop at Access Services in Crawford Hall, room 18 or complete the form and bring original copy to Access Services. Click here for more information about the RTA Commuter Advantage program.
For information on shuttle services, click here.