How to Complete an Appointment for a Foreign Work Visa

  • J-1 Visa - The J1 visa program is a training program in which the exchange visitor can share knowledge and learn new skills to take back to their home country to put into practice. The maximum stay for a J1 program is 5 years.

  • H-1B Visa - H-1B’s have a maximum stay of six years in the U.S. Initial appointments may not exceed three years; minimum stay at Case Western Reserve University is one year.

  • O-1 Visa - O-1 Extraordinary Ability in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or Athletics which has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim.

  • Trade NAFTA Visa - Trade NAFTA (TN) visas are available only to citizens of Canada and citizens of Mexico. Positions held by a TN must be considered professional and must require at least a B.A. for entry level.