CASAA, the Centralized Application Service for Anesthesiologist Assistants, is the online application service for all Master’s level Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant education programs in the U.S. Through CASAA, prospective students may use a single web-based application and one set of materials to apply to multiple programs. Case Western Reserve University has partnered with CASAA to collect and manage applications to our Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant program.
APPLY! Visit https://casaa.liaisoncas.com to complete an online application for admission through CASAA.
Here's how our admissions process works:
- The first step is that you have to initiate and complete the online application through CASAA. In the online application you will be able to select which of our program locations you are applying to. You are able to apply to 1, 2, or all 3 locations for one application fee. CASAA verifies your transcript information on your application, then designates that your application is in verified status. It is important to note that it can take up to 4 weeks to verify your application. We strongly recommend that you plan ahead and apply early! The deadline to submit your application is October 2.
- These supplementary materials, if applicable, should be sent directly to the program. The deadline for receipt of AP Score Report, high school transcript, and lab backup is October 2.
- Academic Transcripts - The program accepts the official transcripts sent to CASAA during the application process. Official transcripts need to be sent to the program only if you are still taking prerequisite or degree coursework after application submission. Official e-transcripts are acceptable and can be sent to email@example.com.
- AP Score Report and High School Transcript (if applicable) - The program will accept AP exam credit for prerequisite courses if you received a score of 4 or 5 on the AP exam, and a grade of B- or higher in your high school AP class. If your score is acceptable, the program will need a paper copy of your AP score report from College Board and your high school transcript. The program is not able to receive AP score reports that are e-mailed to the University. If you scored 3 or lower on the AP exam, you will need to take the course at an accredited American or Canadian college or university.
- Lab Backup (if applicable) - If a laboratory was included in a course but is not listed on your transcript, you must provide proof that the lab was completed. An official course description from your institution’s website showing that a lab was included with the course will suffice.
- The Admissions Committee will review your application and decide whether to invite you for an interview once your CASAA application has been verified, all your letters of recommendation have been submitted, and your supplementary materials (if applicable) have been received by the program.
- The Admissions Committee's decision will be emailed to you. If you are invited for an interview you will receive further instructions for scheduling your interview. If you applied to more than one of our program locations, you will be invited to interview at your first preference location, as indicated on your application.
- After your interview (if granted), the Committee will decide whether to extend to you an offer of admission.
Official MCAT Scores
Contact AAMC to have your MCAT scores released to CASAA, and the program will access your scores from your application. If you take the MCAT after you submit your application, log back in and update the MCAT section so that CASAA can receive your official scores. Your application will not be considered complete until an official MCAT score has been received. Note: The program accepts only the MCAT (not the GRE). The program will accept September MCAT scores but will need your scores immediately upon score release. The minimum composite score the program will accept is 493 (20 on the old exam).
Mailing Address for All Application Materials:
Master of Science in Anesthesia Program
University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Lakeside, Room 2533
11100 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-5007
The program’s central admissions office in Cleveland processes applications for all locations. When an application is complete and has been reviewed, the admissions office will forward it to the appropriate location.
Please take special note of our timeline, which could jeopardize your application if not followed. The program will begin reviewing verified and complete applications in March. Any changes in your status should be reported to the program.
- March 15, 2017: Application for Summer 2018 opens. Earliest application submission date through CASAA.
- October 2, 2017: Latest application submission date through CASAA. It is to your advantage to complete your application early and not to wait until the deadline to submit.
- March-December 2017: Admissions reviews verified and complete applications. Qualified applicants are invited to schedule an interview at Case Western Reserve University.
- September 2017 - February 2018: Interviewing season. The Admissions Committee makes offers on a rolling basis, with final admission decisions being made in early March 2018.
- March - April 2018: The program may accept students placed on the alternate or wait list.
- End of May 2018: Classes begin the day after Memorial Day.
Cleveland, OH - 216.844.8077
Houston, TX - 713.574.9491
Washington DC - 202.758.2502
Please visit our website for more information on our program.